I was asked to do something that I was never asked to do before. This star was salvaged from a quilt that was from the owners childhood. The fabric around the star fell apart. So I was asked if it could be finished again.
So, I used my serger to sew the solid blue to the star. I chose a pink border and long armed the whole thing with a Hobbs 80/20 batting. I did overall swirls for the quilting. I have to say that it had some stretching but overall it lays pretty flat. The center is fragile with some signs of wear but I think the stitching gave it more strength.
I have always been fearful of trying to long arm antique quilt tops. I think that it is not a scary as I thought it would be.