…has lead to me feeling unseasonable creative! I have finished several little projects that I have been working on for a couple of weeks. I am making an art quilt and here are a few components that I am placing on it:
I have been hand sewing the binding on my son’s Super Mario quilt. I will have that completed this week. And I have been working on test blocks. This has lead me to an adventure in applique.
I use the fuseable web method of applique. My sewing machine can sew a blanket stitch now like a dream so I spent several hours working on a new block and stitching the fused blocks I had in my UFO bin. I am not very good at applique but dare I say I started to kinda liked it this weekend! It was a weird moment of “zen” stitching and cutting and fusing….
On the slate this week is long arm quilting. I have the second grandbaby quilt to do, a customer quilt and one of my queens have backing. I hope to load and quilt one, maybe two this week.
And just an update, the glass tile pendant project is still in a state of flux. The adhesive I used turned the tile black because the ink ran. Note to self, read all the directions several times and MAKE A LIST when you go to hobby lobby. I need Diamond Glaze to adhere the paper to the glass. And I didn’t buy it because I wasn’t sure if it was the right thing and it was $10. I always have time to go to that store on Sunday when they are closed, just like the quilt shops!