Been thinking about what should be done this year. Oh the usual things are keep the house clean, organize closets this winter, highland games in the summer…. but I do usually pick a word to represent this year. This word represents my goals.
I have to say it is Consistency. I need to lose weight. I need to get to the end of my UFO bin which is very close. I need to get my commissioned and long arm quilts done. All of this is done by working on things every day, consistently. I truly believe that it is what you do every day vs what you do once a week in a marathon that helps me meet my goals. One step at a time.
Here is the list of goals for the year.
- I must lose weight. I am exactly the same weight as I have been for years. I exercise 2-3 times a week. I need to manage my diet more.
- I have organizing that needs to happen.
- I want to have no tops waiting to be quilted of my own. There are only a couple waiting.
- I want to finish my batik UFO project that was a BOM.
- I have planned to make a bookshelf quilt, 100 modern city sampler, a Night sky quilt and continue to test blocks for quiltmaker.
- Continue to work on adding to my fairy garden this summer.
I have to say that the list is very doable. The constant one is losing weight and that I have had limited success but I need to do more. Consistency is what will see me through!
Off to a good start!