I made this quilt with the intention to practice lots of different stitches on the batik rectangles or ribbons. I wrote a tutorial for this quilt and you can see it by clicking on the tutorial page at the top of my blog. I took a page out of Leah Day’s quilt project a day, got inspiration from Tracy at Whirls N Swirls quilting daily doodle and the end result is what you see pictured. Oh, it has it moments of stupidity. Look at that edge, a loose trimmed backing fabric piece was caught and quilted in. I will cheat and cover it with a label.
I wanted to make it a show quality quilt. I don’t know if it will make a show but I may try. I found my longarm frame must be off because there are a few spots where the quilter didn’t evenly travel over the quilt. I will find the level before I do another quilt.
I am pleased with the overall look. It took me waaaay longer than I thought to quilt this but it was worth the practice. I feel like I just gave birth, lol!!!